View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #82
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
You may be right, completely, but I'm having a hard time imagining how anybody ban build sustainable business models in the face of generations who don't want to, and don't feel the need to equate any object with a money value.
That, I maintain, is simply not true.

Today's younger generations may be aware of things they can get for free that would have cost their parents to get... but they are also aware of the significance of that fact, because they do understand value. IOW, they understand the significance of getting something of value for free. And most of them also know the significance of the phrase "make hay while the sun shines."

Because of that, they are not going to overthrow the world when something of value that used to be free suddenly starts costing them. They'll gripe, they'll grumble, just like us old fogeys... and when they decide they still want that product, they'll pay for it. And life will go on. That's the way it has been ever since there has been society, and including the periods when movements specifically tried to change that... and failed miserably. I've seen nothing, not even in the web, to suggest that that will change.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote