Thread: 360 striped screen?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #18
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedd View Post
Hey Paola,

How did you go with this? I've not seen the problem crop up on my 360 (original) for months now. I've mostly been reading (gasp) paper books, but have gone through about 1500 page turns across two ebooks in that time, and books I was reading previously would incur this stripey problem every 100 pages or less.

I was starting to wonder if it may be triggered by ebook content - though this goes against my understanding of the problem - but on the off-chance, I loaded up one of my old Flashman ebooks that used to exhibit the problem, and just hit page-next while watching some TV one night. No joy at all (well, joy insofar as no stripey-screen). Very frustrating, especially as I'm coming up to the anniversary of the machine, and I just know it's going to manifest again as soon as that day comes and goes.
Hi Jedd,
well I corresponded with Pocketbook Europe and I sent it back for service: I presume it only just arrived, though, as I prepared the box but forgot to mail it for two months! (well, actually I thought somebody in the house had mailed it for me, but this is another story). Remember you have two years of warranty, which is one of the reasons that pushed me towards Pocketbook in the first place. Sadly I read just today on the Ukranian forum that they've ceased producing the 360, so I'd suggest you get cracking on it straightaway.

I had problems with all epubs, regardless of the reading programme (Coolreader, adobereader, fbreader) - but I cannot recall having the same issue with pdf files. However, I had the stripes also in the menus and on the "screensaver" picture.

I'll let you know what happens with repairs.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote