View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #44
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
That is the catch and it applies to public libraries as well. I have never finished an eBook in 14 days. I read 2 eBooks at one time and it takes me up to 2 to 3 months to finish them.

That is why I BUY all my eBooks. My wife borrows from the Amazon Lending Library (1.7 million eBooks) and buys the free ones (55,000 eBooks).

However, I slant my purchases to the most pages per bucks I pay which excludes the short eBooks and the expensive ones.

I don't know if it would interest you, but I think Jeffry Hepple's books are in Prime-- they are fictionalized history books (meaning the history is accurate, but he writes them with what he supposes they might have said or felt). I like that kind of history (and generally it's the only way I'll read it). He's done mostly the Civil war stuff and some much longer works that I haven't looked into. I am pretty sure his books are in prime (he also has children's books which has nothing to do with his history ones.)

I don't read a lot of history, but I enjoy them when they are "brought alive" in this manner.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote