View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #66
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
The PRS-350 stock remains abundant, available at every online seller I checked: Sony, Target, Buy.com, Sears, Best Buy, Amazon Marketplace, etc. Heck Best Buy even has the PRS-350 for $119 online.

From my list above, which retail channels were given up? Target's not selling them in-store, but they still sell them. And Best Buy actually expanded their Reader sections.
In Best Buy the readers are on closeout. Both 350 and 950. I don't know what you mean buy "expanded", but Best Buy stores I've visited have single units left in stock and no covers (so, those readers are unlikely to sell - who would buy a reader without a cover). Amazon Marketplace is not a retail channel, and neither is for the most part Buy.com. These are general marketplaces similar to eBay. Yes, 350 has not experienced major shortages, such as 650 and 950. But 350 covers are now very hard to find as well.

The retail channel is tricky. You may have some stock in Alabama or Montana and no stock in New Jersey and Maryland. So one could argue that Sears and Best Buy still have readers in stock. But not around where I live. And they are not coming either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
All accessories, except one cover, are in stock on Sony's site. So which of these were discontinued?
And which is the most required and important accessory? In fact, which accessory is absolutely necessary for the safety of a device such as an ebook reader? Are those covers so hard to produce? Were they being manufactured at a plant that was washed away by the tsunami?
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote