View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 04:14 AM   #72
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethN View Post
This is what I'm currently using in combo with an plugboard for placing series info in a book title.
That plugboard is invaluable

Quote:
"tags": [ "__", 1 ],
"series": [ "_", 2 ],
"author_sort": [ "", 1 ],
"read_status": ["___", 1]

I eliminated the space as it confused my k3 which would no longer do the go to beginning of "k" or "s" ... trick if some of the files were - title rather than -title when in title mode.
Interesting to know about the go to beginning trick (I've used search, but not jump to the beginning - do you do anything special to do this?)

I see you used "_" and "__" - I originally had this and wasn't sure about the indents. Maybe I'll add it as an example, and also remove the spaces from examples since they're easy for people to add in and not easy to see onscreen.
Quote:
I also chose to use characters that would sort in the same order whether I was creating a collection for a kindle with firmware 2.5 or 3.0 as I had previously discovered that they didn't prioritize special characters the same.
Also good to know - great to see this being tested on the K2, thanks.