View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 05:19 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I knew they're not the same. My concern was that others who uses both editors might think a checkpoint taken in one of them would be accessible in the other one.

One the maxims that my English teachers drummed into me was: 'Use not the same word with different meanings nor yet the different words with the same meaning.' The value of that became very apparent when I started teaching ESL classes.

To avoid potential confusion I probably would have opted for a different label - 'versioning' perhaps.

And my 'synonymous' probably should have been 'equivalent'

BR
Checkpoints is what they are, so checkpoints is what they're called. The notion of checkpoints in software existed long before Sigil or Calibre, so I fail to see any need whatsoever to reinvent the wheel by calling it something else. You're waaaay overthinking this.

I don't think anyone will be at all confused over it. And for the few who might be, there's two communities to help set them straight.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-01-2020 at 05:21 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote