View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Future (audio on BBC website)

I've just discovered this and i think it might interest one or two people here ; it doesn't seem to have been posted previously (or if it was, i didn't find it)...

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Future was a four-part radio series hosted by Douglas Adams. It was broadcast on BBC Radio 4 in April and May 2001. Because the radio series turned out to be Adams's final project for the BBC before his death (a week after the first broadcast of the final episode), all four episodes are still available on the Radio 4 website.

The second program seems particularly relevant :
Programme Two : Publishing

Adams discusses the future of publishing with Peter Cochrane, Muriel Gray and Stewart Brand. Topics include the online distribution of e-books and e-book readers.

Here's the summary from the website :

"E-book versus paper?
Can publishing adapt to survive or will we soon be plugging in our books? Peter Cochrane, Muriel Gray and Stewart Brand give us a taste of what's to come for authors and publishers."

i haven't listened to it yet and i have to go to bed now, so you all can let me know how it is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hhgttf/
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote