View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 06:22 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
What's a fat romance novel? You surprise me all the time
I'm glad!

"'Fat' appears to be anything over 300 kbs," he said with tongue-in-cheek.

Or:

"This appears to be a big-bodied Romance novel," would be another way of saying the same thing, for the 'calorically' challenged.

Seriously: Traditionally, the Romances of earlier years (and I'm thinking of Harlequin mostly) were about 40,000-50,000 words long, which was rather thin compared to most (not all) genres. Westerns are also typically thin novels. Historical fiction novels, on the other hand, were exceptionally large novels, most well over 100,000 words.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote