View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 12:59 PM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Some random thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I'm resonably familiar with Windows fonts and I don't recognize any of those fonts as system fonts. Regardless, they should be in C:\windows\fonts if they are. That's where your error message says they are located.
ROCKI is on my W7 machine, shown in the W7 font manager as Rockwell. I also have GlobalSerif etc, but these are "composite fonts", not .ttf files. The file names are moderately hard to see using Windows Explorer but show up using 'dir' in a dos box.

Is it normal that Mac conventions are being tried when opening the font files? Use of the 'resource.frk' stuff is something I have never run into on a windows machine. It is certain that such opens will fail. Freely admitting that I don't know how calibre's cross-platform setup works, I wonder if it is possible that some part of Calibre thinks it is on a Mac?

I am quite sure that calibre is a 32-bit app and includes a 32-bit version of python, therefore running under W64's 32-bit emulation mode. What would happen if there is a 64-bit version of python on the OP's machine? vincentnoiseux, have you installed python, perhaps to run the deDRM scripts? Could there be any interaction between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions? I am thinking in particular of DLLs. If so, then I can easily imagine all sorts of things going wrong.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote