View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #11
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon View Post
Unlikely. You get an eBookwise for $100, and basic e-ink readers that handle more common ebbok formats and memory card types are down to $150 and dropping. They'll be $100 by year's end, almost certainly. Developers would likely focus on the newer machines.

Quote:
On another level, do they actually make ETI-2s anymore? I've asked before, and no one has ever said if they do. I've always wondered if they aren't simply selling off decade-old units from the first ebook revolution, that didn't take off as some thought it might.
Selling off old stock is about right; recent stock has had an internal modification to replace the 8MB on-board RAM with a 64 MB chip (also on-board, I believe) and thereby not requiring a SM card (which is scarce) for extra storage space. I think even ETI/eBookwise has run out of their supply of 128 MB / 64 MB SmartMedia cards...

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-13-2010 at 11:46 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote