View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 05:05 PM   #61
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon
1. PRC is not an eBook format. It's a Palm Resource file (and it's probably mis-named since it should be a .pdb).
2. DRM has no value to the consumer. DRM makes content worth less to the consumer. So saying that a device supports DRM is certainly NOT a selling point.

So, why buy a Kindle if you already have a PDA?
Even if you don't have a PDA, why would a Kindle be more vaulable?
Completely agree with point 2, while about prc I have no idea what is, just that as long as is unencrypted, Fbreader reads it, and BookDesigner converts it and that's good enough for me to know

Again, why buy Sony or Iliad, or Ebk1150? I would not and did not for any proprietary content, but for capabilities and price. So the same will apply to Kindle if and when it appears.

Personally I want fast navigation, 1GB min storage (my main problem with Ebk), one handed usage, as high a resolution as possible with minimum 100 words per screen at acceptable font, and then 2 device sizes, one pocketable and one book. Ability to do any nondrm pdf well would be gravy, but that is unlikely in a dedicated reader because the computing power and sharpness of screen required are out of reasonable price reach for now.

Liviu
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote