View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 07:25 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
Artificially inflating prices though will only drive more people to piracy.
I am not sure that there is any evidence to support that claim. If I consider that the price of an eBook is too high, I simply don't buy it - there are plenty more books out there. I would never consider "pirating" a book. It is the right of the publisher to set whatever price they feel is appropriate; it is equally the right of the consumer to decide that it's too expensive, and not to buy it.

eBook prices do generally tend to fall with time. The price of the book a year after publication is generally considerably lower than it is when it's newly released, so very often the best thing to do is simply to wait a few months and then buy at a lower price.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote