View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 04:11 AM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Although I'm still leaning toward going with Copy because Dropbox's free 2GB would get snarfed up in a second. Nobody has said anything about iDrive so it seems you're not impressed with that. And we know that if you give data to Hitch for safekeeping it would be impossible for it to be lost. (Hitch, could I use you instead of a cloud drive?)
No, but you'd be AMAZED at the number of clients who do. I get emails and calls fairly regularly, looking for everything from an ePUB we did 4 years ago to, I s**t thee not, "do you have that original manuscript I gave you for the book we did in 2010, to make the ebook from?" Seriously. The horrible part is, yes, I usually do have them. I did have to reach out to a cover designer recently, though, to get new honker-sized copies of some covers he'd done for a client for iBooks intake. (Not that it was really "our" job, per se, but, hey...)

Quote:
Does anybody know what Copy's maximum file upload size is? And does anybody know if Dropbox or Copy is easier to use, especially regarding syncing files?
Honestly, before today--and I'm a technogeek of the first water when it comes to software, SAS, cloud-stuff, etc.--I'd never even HEARD of Copy, and I don't know anyone who uses it. Y'know, Gregg, really--why not just use Copy and a thumb? That should get you there. What I do is pretty psycho, and I'm the first to admit it, but I'm dealing with other people's stuff here, and secured/encrypted/you-name-it IP. As long as you back up to a Thumbdrive, religiously, I don't see why you have to burden yourself looking for Enterprise-level solutions; Copy or SugarSynch or whomever seems fine. Or pay a few shekels, go crazy, and get S3 Storage at Amazon. It's not that expensive. (And let's not ignore GoogleDrive). OR, you could go wild and crazy and use your Amazon Prime free web storage--don't forget that wee (quasi-)freebie. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote