View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #11
jtdolphins
Zealot
jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
Where one gets his/her books shouldn't even come into equation imo.
There's Calibre and there's Apprentice Alf to rid anybody of any dependence to any ebook selling company.
True. I run both, but that can be a hassle to a lot people. I've also run into books that would not convert/strip due to size. So it can be a problem for some people.

As much as I would like to support Kobo (I liked the first one a lot), Amazon is the better choice for a lot of people for selection and ease of use. I wish Kobo was in stores in the US, so I could at least have people go look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
Well unless you buy Nook Glowlight, then you get 500 MB of space for sideloaded books, which is basically an equivalent of B&N giving you the middle finger.
I liked the Nook a lot, but this was such a deal breaker. Amazon doesn't care where I buy my books. Its easy to add amazon and non-amazon books to devices and have them synch between them. They just make sure I buy most of the books from them.
jtdolphins is offline   Reply With Quote