View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
3. The lighted case had a difficult time making contact with the power nodules on the back of the T3. Three of us fiddled with two different lighted covers cases and had this problem. So the only way I could get the light to turn on was to squeeze the left side of the device/case to force the case and nodules to make contact. I gave up, since I wasn't so thrilled with the first two problems.

Given the very small space involved in the lighted cover design, it doesn't take much to throw alignment off track - those power nodules are VERY tiny - there are two that are about the size of a ballpoint pen tip. I hope for Sony's sake this isn't a design flaw, just two faulty cases, or maybe an alignment problem with the display model. But I would suggest if you buy a T3 lighted cover - test it with YOUR device in store to make sure everything aligns properly!

I have to disagree with your assessment of the lighted cover. In my opinion, it's user error not a faulty case. I saw the reader in the store as well and played with the lighted cover. Sony will no doubt run into what you described and I witnessed but it's going to be user error not faulty hardware. People are going to B & moan about it ad nauseum.

The rep couldn't get the light to work and had to take it on and off a few times before it did. I do not find the contacts to be too small at all. They're the right size and work just fine IF the user snaps the case fully to the device that is. If not, then the contacts won't touch and the light either won't come on or it'll blink or have to be held down the way you did.

There are two locations to the left and right of the contacts that need to be snapped in in addition to the rest of the ones around the reader. If not all of them are snapped in, the light won't work.

I liked the T3 otherwise. I like not having a lighted device. I have a Paperwhite but I like to read without a light too and I love the look & feel of the Sony's. I didn't buy it because I want to wait for it to drop in price as it traditionally does a couple of months after launch. Then I'll buy it. My black T1 has decided to go wonky on me after only two years. Thankfully my red one is working just fine!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote