Thread: Glo Kobo Glo and Calibre
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #7
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As PeterT said, if something else is accessing the device, then it can block the eject. I frequently get caught by his as I open database to check what is happening.

But, as long as all the jobs are complete in calibre, it should not have any open files on the device. If you try a Windows eject while calibre is running, does it refuse to eject? If so, that shows something is still open. Also, are you using the extended driver?
First, I may have spoken too soon in suggesting the problem was fixed. As I said I connected the Glo with no error message after the last test, so ejected it and went about some other business. Then, when I connected to do what you suggested above, I got the error message suggesting a scan. I did the scan and as usual was told that everything was fine.

Then I connected and did the Windows eject with Calibre running. This time the Glo was ejected from Windows, but remained connected in Calibre. So I ejected, disconnected, reconnected, and got the error message again.

There is a security event log from around the same time which doesn't mean anything to me. I saved it and tried to attach it to this message, but was told it is an invalid file type. The extension is .evtx.

Fortunately there doesn't seem to be any real error which causes the message. But it is puzzling.
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote