View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
A Funny Thing Happened When I Tried Update

I Normally run the update every week but when i tried update this week from 9.17 to 9.18 a funny thing happened.

When i ran the updater, halfway through it gave me an error message saying:

The feature you are tryinng to use is on a network resource that is not available.
Click ok to try again or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package calibre 9.16 msi in the box below.

i was able to cancel that error message and install 9.18 but when i went to add some books it refused to add them.

My next step was to try and uninstall 9.18 but that would not uninstall, again giving the error above, so i had to redownload 9.16 and run the uninstaller and point it towards that file. This did allow me to uninstall calibre 9.16 but when i rechecked in add and remove programs calibre 9.17 was there now, which i had to uninstall again.

Then finally i was able to install 9.18 with no error messages.

Has anyone ever come across this odd behavour. when i went from 9.16 to 9.17 i noticed nothing wrong.

Last edited by alanHd; 02-10-2013 at 12:21 AM.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote