View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 05:53 AM   #10
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I noticed another side-by-side of the Kobo Glo and the iPad, in which it became very clear that the supposed 'blueness' of the Glo has nothing on the blue blueittyblueness of the iPad. The research on melatonin suppression was done with LCD tablets cranked to full brightness for a couple of hours. I have a feeling our collective concern over slight shades of blueness in low-light frontlit displays is probably overblown.
I am asking because I am migranes prone, of the epileptic sort, so bluish lights are a big no-go for me. But the ipad is fine for me, so if it is the same kind of blue (unnoticeable for me on the ipad) I am fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
It's slightly blue, not as blue as some would like to say, its more of a tinge than a real color. But I don't see how it makes the text any less clear. When I read a paper book I turn on my room light which is yellow and not white and I can read without any problems.
I was not talking at all about the clearness of the text...where did you get the impression I was questionning it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhtsos View Post
Not realy.
Its the third time they review the Glo with that distinct bluish screen.How they achieve it I really can't tell(maybe a faulty device?).

Mine has a very slight and barely noticeable bluish hue when I use the light in max setting(and then I don't read, I use it as a makeshift torchlight).
When you use it in more normal setting the screen is almost perfectly white(at least in my device).
Thanks for the info, so it's worth a try then. I own a PW that is very good, and have another one on back order but I wanted to try (again) a kobo so maybe I'll cancel the PW order and buy a kobo glo instead.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote