Thread: Glo vs Touch
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #25
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
So how does it feel to have to wait when others have it already ?
It doesn't bother me that much since I have devices I can use, but if they wait to long something else may hit the radar of potential customers. I think most folks agree worldwide release would be nice on all products, I know I never rub it in when we get stuff here first.

Quote:
On the other hand Kobo is hurting their profits by not selling there right now. Stuff comes there first cause it's the biggest single market in the world of course. So I wonder what is Kobo's strategy here ?
I think their strategy was that since there is a shortage they'd try and get into the markets where they had the best market share first (although with reports that Amazon has 90% of the UK market I'm not sure that's it) or where they had fairly strong retail bookstore partnerships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Perhaps this is nothing to do with the light guide layer, but the additional layer the Paperwhite has for the capacitive touch screen, whereas the Kobo still uses the (tried & tested) infra red touch?
The capacitive layer is a transparent chemical layer that's 'painted' on so I don't think that's it. I found it more responsive that IR, but not by much.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote