View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #38
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
In my opinion ? Copyright infringement should apply to those making a profit off any given product they do not own and that's all.
I think that's too narrow. I think the key element is distribution, because even though every free download is not a lost sale, any widespread distribution logically will have SOME impact on the profit that the creator deserves from his or her creation.

And in fact the doctrine of fair use has allowed copying; the challenge is to define the parameters of fair use for digital content.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote