View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #25
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
The price in Canada is $130.

I'm still trying to work out the various scenarios in the various countries.
The price in Canada is quoted before either GST and PST/QST or HST (harmonized sales tax so you get nicked for the GST and PST in one number) so add a minimum of 5% to the price if you are in Alberta or the territories (Yukon, NorthWest Territory and Nunavut) which don't have a provincial sales tax to a high of 15.5% in Prince Edward Island. So your final price would range from $136.50 to $151.50. Quebec and PEI have the nasty habit of adding the 5% GST and then charging the QST/PST on that total whereas the other provinces either have an HST or charge both taxes on the original price.

To make it fun in beautiful British Columbia, we voted down the HST and are converting back to a GST/PST scenario. My betting is that it won't save the average British Columbian a nickel in the long run. I would have said a penny except the last Canadian penny was made in July, 2012.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote