View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #12
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
But I'm a firm believer that if what you're reading is interesting enough... you'll never hear them. So if you do hear them while reading: a) your book sucks, or b) you're skimming and not properly allowing yourself to become immersed, or c) perhaps your toy is still too "shiny-new" and has yet to become invisible (as it eventually will).

It's just like moving into a new house and getting used to all the new creaks and groans when you're lying in bed that first night... they eventually go away.
Actually, you are totally right about "a" and "b".

If the book really catches my attention, my wife can even watch TV (or talk to me, lol) and I don't notice it.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote