View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #16
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
What if you just release your first book free, and then offer the rest at "regular ebook price" instead?
The trouble with free is a lot of people will download it but never read it. If it costs something, even just a token amount, anyone who gets it will be more likely to read it.

Having said that, nobody in the last 5 years or so has made it onto my regular buying list without me reading something for free.

My strategy will be to give away a short story featuring characters from a longer, paid for story. The thinking being that people are more likelly to fit a short story into their reading schedule, even if it is free.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote