View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 08:11 PM   #62
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (jailbroken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronot View Post
The OTA blocking method over at that thread works fine on my KT4 @ 5.12.4. And given the rationale behind it, I can't see why it wouldn't work on later firmware versions, barring some internal consistency check made by the FW to restore OTA daemons tô working order, or additional binaries / daemons added for OTA on later versions.
I also have the OTA daemons renamed but I'm still hesitant on turning off airplane mode. Until it's more widely tested I don't want to recommend it to anybody personally. After a month of work to jailbreak my KOA3, I don't think I could handle if it all just went away for not being careful.
tryol is offline   Reply With Quote