View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 04:51 AM   #121
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
Hisense A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
a sw issue I guess. I ordered a second one that my first one crashed the lcd, fortunately I can continue to use the eink screen for the time being

Anyway guys, do you know if Hisense A2 can be bought in some ways in europe?
I am thinking to ask for a refund to amazon, and then with the money back to buy a hisense A2, 5,2 inches for reading is exactly what i need, the 4,7 from yotaphone goes a bit strict to my standards, even if I found different workarounds.

Do you know how can I buy on line the Hisense A 2 without any risk? Amazon does not have and 435 bucks are a bit too much to risk
https://www.androidheadlines.com/201...china-435.html

btw did you see some video? it looks as the eink reflect the light too much, possibily has a glass that protect the eink? is terrible to see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ZPdWCMfk4

Hi,

I bought one from AliExpress, they have free worldwide shipping.
The phone is pretty nice, but there are two big downsides for me:
1. The phone arrived with an old ROM (relatively speaking, as it was only released half a year ago). When I updated it to the latest one (from the Chinese Hisense website - it took me two days to understand how I register there), it came without Google Apps/Google Play, so the ability to install software is very limited. Also, none of the standard ways to root work on this phone, so I could not try installing Google Apps myself.
2. The amount of customization that one can do regarding the e-ink screen is much more limited when compared to Yotaphone. They have two e-ink modes - "Clear" (two colors, faster refreshes, more artifacts) and "Smooth" (greyscale, slower refreshes, less artifacts). In the smooth mode, a full refresh (filling the entire screen with black) is being done once every 20 changes on the screen or so and this cannot be configured.

Therefore, it's not a good fit for me
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote