View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 10:07 PM   #52
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Only a little better at best. I just had to get a replacement Glo and while they did mail it to me before I had to return the old one, with both Amazon and Barnes & Noble, the replacement reader comes with a prepaid label to return the faulty one. With Kobo I had to pick up the tab. And with Amazon and B&N, it takes one phone call to get the exchange going, while with Kobo, it took several back-and-forths with CS and, yes, it included my taking pictures, before they agreed to a replacement.

The single biggest issue with Kobo's CS (and there are many) is that the first level contact at CS is empowered to do nothing at all except give boilerplate responses expressing regret at your frustration and suggesting a soft reset and then a hard one. Days can go by without progressing past that point. By the time they start to get serious, you'd have already received your replacement from Amazon or B&N.

Unfortunately, Kobo is last man standing irt ePub readers in the US. I don't think lack of competition will improve things. And as said above, the collection issues alone at Kindle make it an unappealing alternative.
I just had the same experience. Kobo Aura HD broke, it took multiple calls, emails with photos and 2 weeks to get a replacement and I had to pay $10 in postage to return the broken reader. With Amazon I would have had the replacement within 2 days of the first call and a return label. The customer service staff is very pleasant but their policies are terrible.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote