View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #9
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Pros: great resolution so fonts look great. FBreader has many adjustment options. FAST page turns. This is good because the partial refresh sucks, it ghosts even at every third turn. But it's so fast that full refresh seems like partial. The body design is good with arubbery back and rounded edges.

Cons: It's heavy at 250 g though that hasn't bothered me as much as I thought. You have to strip the DRM off of your books if you want to use FBreader or Coolreader. Many of the menu languages are a sham (a language can be chosen but the menu isn't acctually translated) The page turn buttons are bad. Also sometimes the page turns backwards instead of forwards whilst tapping. The text-to speak is much worse than the Kindle. Lastly the price, it's expensive in comparison to other readers. You do get a realy nice cover with the reader but frankly I would rather have had the option to buy the case seperatly.

It's currently my favorite. But with a new T2 ordered and the Kobo Glo on my wish-list I doubt it will be for much longer.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote