View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:07 AM   #7
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderundecided View Post
@Hrafn: The http://ereader-store.de version is different from what I heard. Where did you download the manual from?
http://www.onyx-boox.ru/files/ONYX_B..._MANUAL_en.pdf

(The hardware changes slightly, distributor to distributor, but the software seems the same, give or take the Polish site's weird text-to-voice software.)

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see how these devices stack up and will change with the new ones coming out from Kobo and Kindkle (although not from a format perspective).
It will be, but I must admit that their imminent arrival does little to make me question the optimality of my decision. I prefer Onyx/Pocketbook's paradigm of eReader-as-pure-eReader, as opposed the majors' (Amazon, B&N, Sony & Kobo) paradigm of eReader-as-sales-portal (also Kindle doesn't do epub, which my entire collection is in). I have a computer. It is far better suited for searching for, buying & downloading eBooks than any eReader could be.

Quote:
I'm still very conflicted with my choices PocketBook 622, Onyx Boox I62HD & the Sony Reader PRS-T2. Maybe a manual for the Onyx Boox I62HD would really help.
I looked at the PB622 & rejected it as being cutting-edge price for old tech (non-HD, capacitive touchscreen). The hardware on the PRST2 is hardly changed from the PRST1 (and again is non-HD).
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote