View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #124
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
We've had enough flights and air miles with enough personal electronics on during them for it to support my "no crashes" more than your "it might crash." It comes down to statistics and convenience. Your threshold of risk is different than mine. The so-called experts are going to err on the side of lowest-risk.
As well they should. I suspect the individual airlines are happy with the current policy and have no desire to see the FAA relax the policy or pass it off to the airlines for them to decide. As it stands now, the airlines can pass the 'blame' on to the FAA.

As an aside: Perhaps they're happy about it for reasons that have less to do with the electronic interference and more to do with crowd control; passenger control during those highly critical periods of take-off and landing.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote