View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 01:31 PM   #1
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Bookari & Overdrive library ebooks

Bookari premium is supposed to be able to borrow & read library books; not true with the "latest" version as per 9/20/2017.

I have re-installed Bookari/Mantano as to be able to use different fonts & color schemes & control other than what the Overdrive app allows. When downloading the Overdrive book from the local public library, Bookari will not accept the ebooks as "the file format is not recognized"! The Aldiko app is able to download the books; but it also has other problems as in the book cover & title may not be shown for some books which, I think, has a hi-rez cover; a problem that existed for years.

Yes, the Bookari app was "activated" so DRM'ed books & supposedly can be read.

I had uninstalled Bookari previously because it was unable to recognize a plain TEXT file format as the reason I felt Bookari is useless.

Another reason why DRM is truly a virus & malware.

Don't know if the Bookari problem is just me or a "default".
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote