View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 05:38 PM   #7
varu
varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'varu knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW2
No progress as of yet. I haven't yet figured out why it's failing this battery ID check (to be fair I haven't found nor looked at any sources yet). However, I successfully got it to boot by setting bootmode diags with uboot first booting using main (which preserves the main bootargs & thus gets the diags kernel to boot mmcblk01, resulting in a functional system).

I thus considered altering the diags bootargs value to always use mmcblk01 & flashing the main kernel to the diags kernel location. After all, should I encounter trouble in the future, I can always serial in & alter bootargs / flash the diags kernel back. However, both uboot & bist lack a saveenv command, so I'm not able to save a modified bootargs. I'm not sure where the built-in bootargs value is stored either; I looked through mmcblk0boot0 & boot1 but found nothing of the sort. Anything that could point me in the right direction is very much appreciated!
varu is offline   Reply With Quote