View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
johndoesecond
Connoisseur
johndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle 4, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
I am not sure if you can turn off the LCD. I will be trying that next. Attached is a picture for size comparison with an old Dell D600 14.1". As far as comparison with the Kindle DX, I compared it last night with my neighbor's Kindle DX and the quality of the eInk on the eDGe looked better in all the PDFs we tried. We both agreed the eDGe displays sharper eInk.
Hi Z,

Your photos look impressive, thanks.

About that comparison with Kindle DX: it is possible that Edge has a better PDF rendering, since I think it features Adobe's native technology.

But another thing on these photos caught my eye: the eInk seems to be really bright, the background looking almost white. So besides PDF rendering, can you tell us how does the brightness/contrast compare to that of your neighbour's Kindle?

Thanks again!
johndoesecond is offline   Reply With Quote