View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 12:58 AM   #29
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre font subsetting most definitely preserves ligatures as well.
@Kovid:

No interest in arguing with you, at all, as I defer completely to your abilities, but they weren't preserved as a matter of course. Presumably, you mean that if ligatures are used, they are preserved--which makes perfect sense. The whole issue at Amazon was that we did not use ligatures, and thus, they weren't preserved in the subsetting--and needed to be. Thus, FS works better for me and my company, because we can preserve them particularly when not used, just in case Amazon bones us again. :-)

@Roger: Well, it's your tool, and I'm glad it works for you. I don't have the luxury, obviously, of determining where our books will be used/read/uploaded, etc. so I have to prepare for even the weirdest contingencies, as described.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote