View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 11:24 PM   #12
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
As I read the news, the employees in the headquarters will be highly paid. But they didn't say that all the workers in the headquarters will be employees of Amazon, as opposed to being, say, janitorial contractors.
The press release says (separately) 50,000 employees and 50,000 highly paid jobs. I don't care how those 50,000 are split between official Amazon employees and defacto Amazon employees. I am just gobsmacked that any company needs 100% of its headquaters employees to be highly paid if there are 50,000 of them. I do believe that the ratio between the pay at the top and the pay at the bottom is far too great in almost all USA based companies, but I don't see how everyone can be highly paid. Or, is Amazon an outpost of Lake Wobegon and everyone is above average?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
As for what is the starting point for "highly paid," we don't know. But I'm pretty sure they would regard any union-negotiated salary to be more than highly paid.
Well, that's part of why I want a number, maybe they think $5/hour is highly paid.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote