View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 03:21 AM   #15
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccayer View Post
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'size'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 2225, in do_config
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\config\__init__.py", line 373, in __init__
KeyError: u'size'

Any thoughts?
If you have hidden the sizes column, then yes, I know what the problem is. This is one of those cases where fixing problem A created problem B, and I didn't do enough regression testing.

Workaround: Don't hide any of the standard columns. If you already have done so (and I hope that you have), then stop calibre, edit gui.py in your calibre configuration directory and remove the 4 lines beginning with
Code:
# column map
# Columns to be displayed in the book list
column_map = cPickle.loads(
Restart calibre, and preferences should again be available.

Alternatively, simply delete the file gui.py. If you do this, you will lose a fair amount of configuration information, but you won't break anything.

If you are working from source and are comfortable editing a python file, then see here for the line of code to change.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote