View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
galvtsi
kindle2 and nook user
galvtsi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2 and nook
Indexing on Kindle 2 and hangs

Hello ... I have been having the problem of my Kindle 2 hanging whille I am reading a book. After lots of research on the net, I have determined that it is because of indexing books. I put a lot of books on my Kindle 2 and it takes time to index them. What I have determined today is the following:

1. From Home, search for something that you know is not on your Kindle, such as aaaaaaa . This way, only one page of results is returned.
2. At the bottom of the returned page, you will see an anouncement of the number of items not indexed.
3. Click on the anouncement line and you will be taken to the list of the items that have not been indexed.
4. Click on one of the items and it will be indexed.
5. You will see no indication that the item is being indexed, but do a check again sometime later and when the indexing is done, the number of unindexed item will change.

I started with 48 items not indexed and left it over night to do the indexing. The morning showed 46 items not indexed. Today, I followed the above steps, and have gotten it down to 4 items, so far.
galvtsi is offline   Reply With Quote