View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #10
eggheadbooks1
Read, don't parrot.
eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kobo Touch, Aldiko for Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Which firmware and font were you using on your Kobo Touch? All my Kobos are newer models than the Kobo Touch and I'm fully up-to-date with the firmware ...
It's an older Kobo Touch. 3.3.0 is the version. It's so old it doesn't even have a button to update the firmware. I was using Georgia font.

The unicode font did not work in ADE either. I take the position that ADE is such crap that if I can get something to work there, it usually works elsewhere. This time, though, the inline image styling worked in ADE but not Kobo. In the latest GitHub Kobo specs, it says to avoid inline styling in text, and I would think that applies to images, too. Switching to styling in the CSS as per Hitch's suggestion did the trick.

I cannot use the unicode in the ePub because I have no way of knowing who will be using what device/app or what font. But the image system now works as intended, so I am happy with the result.

The wonderful thing about the Unicode in Kindle, too, is that it also works in the older Kindle DX, or so says Previewer. So that avoids having to use media queries.

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-28-2016 at 05:23 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags
eggheadbooks1 is offline   Reply With Quote