View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #55
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithbw View Post
I'm surprised there's so much skepticism about these results. Anecdotally, most people I see still use paper books. All my friends and family prefer paper books (that is if they read). My husband only reads paper books despite having access to my e-reader and my tablet. I rarely see dedicated e-readers in the wild. Honestly, the people on this site (self included) are likely an enthusiastic minority when it comes to e-books. I read ebooks when I travel but I can count on my hands the number of people I see on planes and train that are reading ebooks.
I've really noticed it on cruises. I've actually been amazed at how many ereaders I see on cruise ships these days. If I see someone reading on a cruise these days, it's far more likely to be on an ereader than for it to be paper.

And actually, it kinda surprises me some, because it tends to skew towards an older demographic, and I suspect that that's a demographic that hasn't adopted ereaders as much. Then again, it's also a demographic that tends to have disposable income, which I'm sure correlates well with ereader ownership.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote