View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #507
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Writing "serious" books (philosophy, books about farming, tracts on religion, etc) in verse was common in the ancient world. Lots of example in both Latin and Greek. I agree that it's a shame it's no longer done - it's so much "classier" to write a farming manual in dactylic hexameter verse .
right. metric and patterns help memorization

though poetry isn't about metric and rhymes

when I said poetry being from "the gut", I meant only the (largest) subgenre of lyrical poetry

hey, finally some nice discussion here about poetry. better than more lame series
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote