View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #12
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchdummy View Post
Yeah, first thanks for your reply.
I said I could be idiot, and I were. (probably like all other users who have issues) I spent several days to change the structure. (folders/files.epub).
In addition, I used to add an extra space between Asimov,[space]Isaac in Calibre; I guess I shouldn't.
Calibre has a tight coupling between the metadata database and the underlying files. If you rename any files/folders in Calibre then you are breaking this link which effectively means that Calibre will no longer be able to locate the actual ebook files. You should never manipulate the underlying files but only via the Calibre GUI.

You CAN control the format that is used when exporting ebooks from Calibre via the 'Send to Device' or 'Save to Disk' operations which are the recommended ways to get files out of Calibre. There is a usable editable template for each of these that can be set under Preferences.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote