Thread: PRS-T1 Sony service is a joke.
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:29 AM   #2
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrsplsh View Post
Today I tried to get some help from Sony Tech Support. It took me about an hour of searching before I even found the number. I called and got a heavily accented operator named Bryan. He asked me to shut my device down using the Shutdown menu. I explained that my device was in a boot loop and couldn't be shut down. Then he had me try to start it using the reset / power combination;that didn't work either. After doing this thee times (Each after 2 hours of charge time), he finally gave up he told me about my service options. Option 1: take a refurb, Option 2: Take my unit back after repair. Well, he looked up my account and found that my warranty ran out on Dec 27, '12. OK, I asked him about out of warranty options. He told me that if I took the refurb unit, it would be $99. OK I sort of expected that. I asked about repairing mine and sending it back to me. Well, that would b $99,too. I love my PRS-T1, but I'll look for a used device at about $50. I've seen 'em. They are out there, or I just might learn to like my Nook Color as a reader.
I see you're in Upstate New York. If you've got friends or family in Canada, Sony is still running a promo on factory refurb T1s. http://store.sony.ca/webapp/wcs/stor...52921666485877 You could have them order you one.
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote