View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #61
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
using the "Check books without jackets".
I have a question, how do you check for a Book jacket? During ePub to ePub conversions calibre checks for a properly implemented jacket and if found it removes the old book jacket and replaces it with the new book jacket. This update was in calibre 0.6.50.

Quote:
Release: 0.6.50 [30 Apr, 2010]

Bug Fixes

* When converting EPUB to EPUB multiple times and creating book jacket from metadata, if an existing book jacket is found, replace it. This will only work with EPUBs created with the current release onwards
I ask because any book jacket created prior to 0.6.50 is not a proper book jacket and if I update any book created before 0.6.50 I will end up with a old book jacket and a new book jacket.

Does your QA check ever identify books converted prior to 0.6.50 as having a book jacket? It seems you should be able to use the code Kovid uses to identify proper book jackets.

This was really my motivation in wanting to know when a book was created. Maybe a QA check ePubs created before version 0.x.xx would work. Or maybe your QA check for a book jacket already takes this into account.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-12-2011 at 09:20 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote