View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgian View Post
I don't understand what is all the fuss about.

It is absolutely not forbidden to put elsewhere bought content on the kindle, right?

It is perfectly legal and in accordance to the TOS to load bought content on the kindle. What is the difference if it is DRMed or not?

The power of the tool that I see is that kindle owners can now at last unDRM and backup their bought AZW files for the distant future when kindle maybe won't be around anymore.
You've make a slight error in what you say. The tool does not remove the DRM. It just figures out the PID for the Kindle so you can order Mobi format ebooks and then it changes the supplier ID so it can be read on the Kindle.

Now, what I want to know is if it is that easy to do this so the mobi format ebooks can be read on the Kindle, why cannot a tool be made to change the awz ebooks so they can be read on other devices with Mobipocket?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote