View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #12
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Yesterday I played tennis again after 4 years. My long time partner is my wife and when she got pregnant we just gave that up, together with the ski, both downhill and cross country. So, we started again Monday morning, in the middle of a snow storm, at 11:00. Cold like hell, lights that took an eternity to illuminate the field. New strings, new sets of balls. Whow. I just could not connect the racket with the ball. I was right there with the legs and the body, the eyes and the time were adequate, but hitting ... a farce. After a little while we tried a match. I lost the first set 6-2. Made points on her mistakes. Lost the second 6-3, but could have gone 5-4 on her service. Some little improvement. It was a lot of fun. I sweat a lot, did not hurt a little bit, except that I went into the ground in the first minute and lost some skin in the hand, arm and knee. Saturday repeat. She hesitates, she actually does not want to leave the girl with a baby sitter. But I am insisting. If we start playing again it has to be on a regular basis, or ... or what? I do not want an other partner. If I take up an other partner it will not be just for tennis. The message might have gone through.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote