View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 03:46 PM   #6
JongJungBu
JongJungBu began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X30
I purchased the High (624Mhz). I didn't mind the X3i's size/design/frame so since it's identical in that matter, wasn't an issue. I will say that I think and everyone I know thinks that the X3/X30 Dell cradle is the coolest though. ( I still like my Asus's ppc frame/size better than Dells but eh what can u do)

As for performance I have been very pleased with it. No problems with PocketPC-designed games. Emulations run just as good as the next person. And talking with someone reviewing the new Asus A730, the x30 still outbenchmarks the asus in PocketQuake. (But of course the X30 isn't VGA so that makes a difference although I think the gxdma.dll still didn't provide as much of a speed increase for the A730's vga mode to catchup.)

That's the only major issue I dislike is its lack of VGA. But it was so cheap! And that made up for it. Dual wifi + bt simultaneously is cool too.

JJB

Oh and just to say I didn't take it off topic:

I'm about to be reinstalling the PocketGCC so add that to the apps. I had yet to put that on the X30 along with Putty. Oh and the Travel Collection (game).

Last edited by JongJungBu; 09-15-2004 at 03:50 PM.
JongJungBu is offline   Reply With Quote