View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How? Because I'm in-saaane!!

Seriously: Amazon and Apple are pinning a lot of hope on making it big as resellers, but are also heading into too-Draconian realms as they try to out-compete each other. I predict a lot more pubs and authors will get tired of it all, and eventually see that going direct-sale makes more sense than losing more than half their profits to Amazon, Apple, and other similar stores. I only pocket 15% of the sale going through Amazon... I make more money off of 1 direct sale than 5 Amazon sales. (And because I'm a little guy, I don't see that many through Amazon.)

All that is needed (he said, rolling his eyes) is a good and popular portal or three promoting e-books, and earning their incomes from traffic as opposed to sales, to put indie authors and publishers on a more equal footing. If that happened, even Amazon and Apple may discover that in terms of e-books, their services are no longer required...