View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:01 PM   #10
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondabeach View Post
I'm not sure why you couldn't find any books, as you can see they are there as others have been downloading them.
I only searched in categories I was interested in reading. Apparently, there are no ebooks available in those categories yet. I'm not interested in yet another source for public-domain classics; between Mobileread's carefully-formatted collection, and Feedbooks and Manybooks, I never run out of classics.

You should consider a "recent additions" section to the front page, especially if finding any of the books themselves takes more than three clicks.

Quote:
When I said they can be read on any platform, that means any type of device, as in PC, Mac, iPhone, Windows Mobile/ Android, Linux etc have at least one reader program available that can read the ePUB format. Even most dedicated ebook devices have adopted or will be adopting the ePUB format.
"EPub: Format of the future" is not the same as "EPub: Format you can read on whatever device you use for ebooks." I use a Sony Clié sometimes; it does not read ePubs. I have several friends who read on PDAs, most of which don't support ePub. They read eReader's .PDB format, PalmDOCs, and .LIT ebooks. AFAIK, there is no ePub reader for PalmOS devices. (Especially not PalmOS 4.0.)

Your enthusiasm is laudable; your willingness to ignore the interests of people who don't share your tastes, is not.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote