View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb100 View Post
Thx, Wetdogearted,

It's just a pain though to have to be bothered with the exchange stuff.
I updated my original example, the first one was lacking in different formats.

I agree it doesn't seem fair. The Sony sells the PRS700 and PRS505 in Canada, yet you have to buy from the eBook Store in the US.

I also don't like books on the eBook Store that are only available in the US. I have some of these on my Wish List, hoping they will be available to Canadian readers soon.

It also sucks that, only 6 months ago, the CAD$ was worth more than the US$.

Nick, don't get me started on shipping, packaging and other fees. This discussion is for the rant and vent thread. We just ordered an electronic device from SEARS Canada (1st time ever), who wrapped it in a plastic SEARS bag, and sealed it with a sticky packing slip. We were given a tracking number that went nowhere. For this, we were charged a $3.00 handling fee (I guess that was for the stamp licker) and an $8.00 shipping fee. I wasted 3 days at home; the expected delivery date only 3 days off.

Otherwise, nice to see some more Canadians in the discussions. You never know when dg might have another international poll.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote