View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Ah but which libraries have which books? And which books are on acid pree paper and which aren't? And how many copies ae there on average of a given book? With digital copies you don't have to worry about the book vanishing if the paper crumbles, gets waterlogged, or burns. There have been similar problems with other media. OTR (Old Time Radio) for example. Most of the extant 'copies' of OTR programs come from people recording a copy while listening to the original broadcast of the show. Yet Conde Nast claims it owns many of them despite not having existed when they were broadcast and despite their existence today only being possible because private citizens preserved the shows themselves.
I have some cookbooks that even I don't touch. They are all older and I baby them.

Funny thing is I have a 1905 cookbook that looks almost brand-new. And I have newer 1973 and later cookbooks that look like they have been through the wringer. Hardback and softback.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote