View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 05:09 AM   #1
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Question Changing email address - should I deauthorize ADE?

My ISP is effectively forcing me to change my email address - very soon my existing email address will cease to exist (grrrrrrr). I used my old address to authorize ADE 2 on Windows 10, and my Kobo AURA (which I no longer use). These days I buy most of my epubs from Google Play and Kobo (most of them have ADE DRM), and then I use the "plug-in" in Calibre to do the necessary.

Should I de-authorize ADE for my old email address and reauthorize it with the new one? If I do this, will it mean I no longer have access to the ADE DRM'ed epubs on Google Play and elsewhere, i.e., if I download them again from the web site, will I no longer be able to open them in ADE, and will the plugin cease to do its magic?

If I don't de-authorize and keep the old email address in ADE, what happens when my old email address disappears? Does ADE actually use it as an email address (does it need to send emails to it) or is it just a meaningless string of characters?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote